How to Open a Beauty Salon in Dubai Free Zone: Are you a hairstylist or a professional beauty artist or even a businessman who is looking at the prospects of opening a beauty salon in Dubai?. Then, congratulations. Dubai with its thriving economy and investor-friendly government policies can serve you the best benefits open starting up your beauty salon in Dubai. Here in this article, we would like to help you understand more about the different procedures that are involved in the registration of the License and also the average cost of opening up a beauty salon in Dubai.
Type of Beauty Salon License in Dubai
The companies/ firms involved in hairdressing and other beauty treatments such as waving, straightening, trimming and cutting, hair fixing, and also cosmetic treatments such as skin hair removal, skin cleansing, foot care, facial aesthetic, hair strength support, etc, comes under the definition of men salon. Additionally, glass bearing walls should be employed to reveal the interior of the rooms, and also internal doors should remain unlocked. For beauty salon business setup in Dubai, additional approval is required from the Dubai Municipality (Department of Health and Public Safety). How to Open a Beauty Salon in Dubai Free Zone.
The companies/ firms involved in hair care and beautifications include hair setting, hair washing, waving, hair fixing, dyeing, hair trimming, straightening, henna services, and also cosmetic treatments such as skin cleansing, makeup, facial aesthetic, skin hair removal, foot care, nail manicures and treatment, micro-blading, etc comes under the definition of women salon.
In addition to the above mentioned, a women’s salon should have glass-bearing walls to reveal the interior of the rooms, and also the internal doors should remain unlocked. To open a women’s salon in Dubai, additional approval is required from the Dubai Municipality (Department of Health and Public Safety) and also the Department of Economic Development (Commercial Compliance and Consumer Protection Sector). How to Open a Beauty Salon in Dubai Free Zone.
Beauty Salon Requirements by Dubai Municipality
The salon premises shall be inspected by the Dubai Municipality authorities on time. The authorities will also strictly make sure that the salon follows the standard guidelines for maintaining hygiene control and also for public safety. The rules and regulations are to be strictly adhered to and any violation can result in the non-granting of a license. How to Open a Beauty Salon in Dubai Free Zone.
Dubai Municipality will take all necessary measures to ensure that the functioning of all the beauty salons complies with the public health requirements. All the beauty salons in the Emirate of Dubai are required to take necessary steps to cater to unified health requirements. The location of the beauty salon should be approved by the planning department of the Dubai Municipality. The other rules and regulations include –
- In front of the beauty salon, a signboard should be placed
- The furniture used in the salon should be clean and proper and the lighting used in the salon must be sufficient
- The dressing chairs should meet the specified guidelines by the Dubai Municipality
- The height between the floor of the beauty salon and the ceiling should be more than 2.30 meters
- For beauty treatments like hair removal, henna designing, pedicure, manicure, etc, a separate area should be designated
- A washbasin near the area for facial treatments is necessary
- For the preparation of hair removing materials, fireproof materials must be made use of
- A water heater should be present in the beauty salon
- To keep cosmetics and towels sufficient number of drawers and cupboards are to be present in the beauty salon
Procedure to Register a Salon in Dubai Free Zone
Similar to obtaining other licenses in Dubai, the procedure to register a salon license in Dubai involves several steps. The steps to be followed include:
- Reservation of a Trade Name
- Choosing a shop for the Salon
- Getting approval from Dubai Municipality
- Making an agreement with all partners in court
- Payment of the Trade License Fee after the submission of all the documents in DED
- Issuing of the Trade License
- From the immigration department, making an establishment card for the company
- From the Ministry of Labour, making an establishment card for the company
- Hiring employees and starting the business
The average cost of establishing a salon can be divided into the following:
All formalities included license registration costs – AED 30000 (Average)
Shop rent – Varies as per the size of the shop and location
Other costs – Interior work, Cost of furniture and other accessories. (Cost varies on the quantity and quality you choose)
Opening up a beauty salon in Dubai can be a very tricky process to navigate through. Seeking the assistance of a company that specializes in beauty salon business setup in Dubai can be very beneficial to set up your company easily and fast. How to Open a Beauty Salon in Dubai Free Zone.