How to Apply Thailand Visa from Dubai: Attracting visitors from across the world, Thailand is the land of lush landscapes packed with thousands of temples, pristine beaches, historical sites, and vibrant culture that welcomes you with experiences and adventures one can never forget. To enjoy all of these, you must obtain a Thailand visa. The Thailand visa enables the holder to experience and engulf a diverse culture and attractions in Thailand without any hesitation. The only requirement is to comply with immigration law.
Residents of Dubai applying for a Thailand visa must go through a specified application process. However, Dubai citizens can visit Thailand without a visa through the Visa Exemption Scheme. One can stay in the country for up to 30 days from the date of arrival as a tourist and can extend their visa for another 30 days at any immigration office. This allows the Dubai residents to stay for up to 60 days.
If you intend to stay in Thailand longer than the visa exemption period or for purposes other than tourism, you must obtain a Thailand visa. The visa application process for a Thailand visit visa is quite overwhelming if you are applying for it for the first time. But with the correct guide and consultation, you can easily avail yourself of a Thailand visa.
Types of Thailand Visas
- Thailand Tourist visa (A Thailand tourist visa has a permit of 60 days from the date of arrival, with an extension of 30 days.)
- Thai Elite Visa (The Thai Elite Visa allows you to stay in Thailand for an extended period of time or to relocate permanently. Such a visa enables the Dubai ex-pat to live for five, ten, or even 20 years)
- Non-immigrant Visa
- Non-immigrant B Visa—for business or employment
- Non-immigrant O visa—to visit Thai spouse and family.
- Non-immigrant ED visa: for students of recognized institutions in Thailand and their parents or legal guardians
- Non-immigrant O retirement visa – for those wishing to retire in Thailand
- Non-immigrant OA and OX visas—for those wishing to obtain a Thailand retirement visa for a longer stay (it differs from type O visas)
How to Apply Thailand Visa from Dubai
The Thailand tourist visa is valid for three months under the single-entry visa and six months under the multiple-entry visa. With a Thailand tourist visa, you can stay for up to 60 days without travel or stay extensions.
Follow the steps below to obtain an easy Thailand Tourist Visa
- Download the Thai visa application form.
- Complete the form by typing the necessary details or the answers asked in the visa application form. Ensure that you provide valid and original details without any errors. Please note that a handwritten application form is prohibited and will not be accepted.
- Print two copies of the completed visa application form.
- Gather all the necessary documents required for the visa application that you are to submit
Thailand Visa Requirements for Dubai Residents
As per the information provided by the Royal Thai Consulate General Dubai, the documents provided must be in English. Following are the necessary documents required by Dubai residents while applying for a Thailand tourist visa.
- Completely filled and typed the Thai visa application form.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs clicked against a white background. Please note that the passport must not be older than six months.
- Your original passport, a photocopy of it, and a blank visa page on which to stick the visa sticker. The passport pages must have a photograph, details, and dates of issue and expiration for the applicant.
- A photocopy of your UAE residence visa, with at least three months validity. In the case of GCC citizens, submit a photocopy of your valid Emirates ID.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) of Original Guarantee for Travel to Thailand
- Sponsored by the company—Original No Objection Certificate issued under the company’s letterhead and duly stamped with
- the name of the signatory. (In English only.)
- Sponsored by spouse’s visa—a letter of sponsorship, a photocopy of your passport, and a UAE residence visa.
- Sponsored by a parent’s visa—a letter from the parent, a photocopy of the passport, and a UAE residence visa
- (Children under 15 years old must provide a NOC, signed by both of their parents.)
- Self-sponsored – The Consulate-General may ask for additional documents if necessary.
- The name of the sponsor stated on the UAE residence visa must be the same entity as the signatory of the letter.
- The investor, partner, or owner of a company must provide a letter and a valid copy of the trade license.
- A copy of the confirmed round-trip airline reservation. This must include:
- The flight ticket must show an outbound trip from Dubai.
- The ticket’s PNR number must be accessible on the airline’s system.
- Agency bookings or e-mail bookings with no PNR number are not accepted.
- A copy of the hotel reservation letter
- The letter must include the date of arrival in Thailand and cover the full trip.
- The name of the person, including the names of the family member(s) or accompanying person(s), applying for a visa, must be clearly stated on the hotel confirmation letter.
- Hotels reserved under a different name must be provided with a copy of their passport.
- Email correspondence without hotel confirmation will not be accepted.
- Valid insurance policy with a minimum coverage of 6,85,850 baht (73,460 AED).
- Financial proof
Single-entry: original stamped three-month bank statement
Multiple-entry: six-month bank statement, original and stamped
Please note that an online Thailand visa from Dubai appointment is mandatory for each applicant and can be scheduled by visiting the Dubai Thai Embassy website.
An applicant 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before traveling to Thailand.
Unaccompanied minors aged 5 to 17 must be vaccinated with at least one dose.
The visa fee is AED 400 for a single entry and AED 1000 for multiple entries. (subject to change)
Thailand is a beautiful country to explore. With the above details, you can easily look for a Thailand visa.